Drug Utilization Reviews
Mitchell ScriptAdvisor uses a comprehensive approach to assess prescription medication patterns of a claimant, a key step in managing cost and effectiveness of treatment.
ScriptAlert is our customizable program which allows Mitchell ScriptAdvisor’s clinical pharmacists to evaluate claimant prescription patterns during the acute stage of the injury in an effort to help the adjusters and/or nurse case managers curb future treatment practices.
COMMUNICATION IS CRITICAL
Predetermined medications are immediately reviewed by our clinical pharmacists while our Customer Care Representatives provide the adjuster or nurse with detailed notifications regarding the claimant’s medication(s):
• Utilization of High Risk Medications
• Opioid Drug Duration over 90 days
• Dosage increases and Drug Regimen Review
• Multiple Physician and Pharmacy Identifier
• Generic Substitution: Dispensed as Written
• DUR Conflicts